- Coordinates/Owns account plans for commercial accounts in the account planning process.
- Focuses on deals/opportunities and value and/or volume portfolio management, and selling a range of company products and solutions.
- Uses specialty to leverage existing opportunities in account.
- Establishes a professional working relationship (up to the executive level) with clients, focusing mainly on specialist buyers, e.g. IT.
- Analyzes win/loss rates and drive recommendation to improve ratios
- Works with and leverages external partners to deliver solution sale.
- Refers company volume products and certain value products to other specialists or partners as needed.
- Utilizes the support of pre-sales and specialists, and depending on account coverage with inside sales to lead deal pursuit.
- Responsible for achieving/managing quota based on regional guidelines
- Enters and is accountable for all opportunities in pipeline tools and processes. Recommends and Implements Pipeline management practices.
- Ability to implement margin recovery activities/strategies in full ownership of the account or in partial ownership depending on account coverage.
- Acts as a first interface for owned accounts in collaboration with members of global business teams.
- May Train/Coach and lead Inside account reps/Inside Sales
- Contributes to or designs sales policy and strategy for assigned business segment.
- Account size ranges, may work in a small-medium, enterprise or corporate segment, varied sales cycle.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of key customer types or customers on given products.
- Typically 3-5 years of experience as referenced above.
- Account management experience required
- Experience in product specialty (computers, printers, servers, storage)
- Possible experience in industry.
- Inside Account experience of large commercial of large complexity.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Solid IT acumen and how to align with specific company services or product lines.
- Partner organization intelligence aligned with partner management skills.
- Assess solution feasibility from a technical and business perspective to determine qualify-in/quality-out status.
- Conceptualizes and articulates well-targeted solutions in area of specialty - from proposal to contract sign off.
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the value proposition for the customer.
- Ability to utilize resources effectively in or order to pursue revenue generating opportunities in the account.
- Ability to understand the customer's business issues and translate to company solutions.
- Enough knowledge about product, services and client's core business, to be able to sell transactionally, as well as generate leads.
- Ability to prioritize and drive strategic sales activity on multi-product basis or solution basis.
- Competitive selling skills.