DevOps/ Monitoring Engineer-IT:GIS:GO:RSS:EC-P00032 - ARG000QH
The AM&S Technician for Infrastructure Stability Management (ISM) has responsibility for Information Technology (IT) applications worldwide to determine and review that if an unexpected behavior occurs to a specific application, that an event is generated to highlight that remediation activities are required. The role reviews that the specific event notification is generated by an application in a timely and efficient manner via the role’s monitoring tools. The role also acts as subject matter expert (SME) for a specific assigned monitoring tool or tools to ascertain appropriate functionality as well as appropriate monitoring capabilities. These tools may be supportive in nature & not necessarily directly related to deployed monitoring. The role identifies opportunities to optimize the event configuration and monitoring processes and the associated technical remediation activities in support of the role’s daily Business as Usual (BAU) monitoring across a 24/7 timeframe. The role is an individual contributor managed by the AM&S Sub-Team Lead.
Essential Functions of the Job
Solid analytical skills to probe for understanding and address as appropriate code changes that will impact the event monitoring process. The role is expected to make sound decisions to address simple changes and to guide or participate in broader code changes that may affect a portion or entire business units and its aligned technical applications. The role needs to drive the priority and time management of their own efforts to support/resolve assigned activities and communicate results and findings to sponsors and management as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
• Solid analytical skills to conduct effective analysis on the timeliness and efficiency of ISM’s monitoring tools as assigned so that key issues are properly identified, complex and conflicting issues are effectively escalated and proper compliant and financially feasible solutions are provided
• 1-3 years Web Application development.
• Experience designing databases, stored procedures, reports, and data input interfaces. Preferably with MS SQL Server.
• SPLUNK experience a strong plus but not required.
• Takes an active role in building and advancing knowledge in core business service lines, the regional and global IT infrastructures and the proper performance of the global IT operating environment to support proper recognition of the impact of service disruption issues such as events and to position improvement opportunities as part of AM&S technical support.
• Strong oral communication skills in the English language to work effectively with peers and others within IT.
• Strong consultative skills to conduct effective questioning to break down components of the event monitoring process into core elements and to formulate appropriate ideas and solutions.
• Proactively drives a working knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to recognize appropriate aspects in the Incident, Problem, Change and Availability processes and to identify areas for improvements within the Event Monitoring processes
• Appropriate time management skills to prioritize workload and work through daily activities with proper efficiency.
• A Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• ITIL Certification is preferred but not required