EAM Application Operations Specialist- SD-EAM-0024 - ARG000S9
The L3 Application Operations Specialist performs operational and 3rd level support for production applications in a range of business portfolios. Responsibilities involve the daily troubleshooting and resolution of incidents, operational maintenance and support, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis of systems. The L3 Product Specialist Lead will demonstrate knowledge of key business processes, products and services, within agreed areas of expertise
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
• Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
• Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs. defect)
• Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
• Installation of applications in supported environments.
• Deployment of application upgrades and fixes
• Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
• Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status. Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
• Effective call management including logging, monitoring / updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
• Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
• Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.• Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
Knowledge and skills requirements:
• Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2008 and later server O/S
• Demonstrable knowledge of SQL2008 and later
• Demonstrable Intermediate of IIS platform and tasks (security, application pooling, SSL certificates, etc.)
• Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts with understanding of different environments and their usage
• General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
• Familiarity with scheduled jobs and job monitoring tools such as Control-M
• Ability to read and understand .NET code for diagnosis, escalation to Level 4 teams
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Conceptual or Remedial knowledge of Stored Procedures, SSIS and Data Transformation Services
• Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools
• Creation of simple queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces.
• General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments.
• Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Further or Higher education standard qualification.
• Fluent in English language, written and verbal
• 3+ years in Application Management, Operational Support environment/discipline
Desirable qualifications (including country equivalents);
• MCITP - Microsoft Certified IT Professional• ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management