Date: Aug 26, 2016
Location: Barcelona, B, ES
Requisition ID: 122003
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 30%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
The General Business Sales Executive is responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are mainly partner-driven in the GB-segment. The GBSE may be specialized on industry or solutions based on the MU-market, he/she is working in conjunction with (i)PBMs and ISEs. The GBSE covers opportunities in partner- / SAP-accounts above a specific revenue threshold defined in the GTM-setup of the MU/Region. The objective is to coach the partner-sales teams on building a productive pipeline as well as maximizing the revenue via active engagements on selected opportunities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Aligns with PBMs on Partner Business Planning for the territory covered, helps to identify opportunities for further growth in the territory and becomes active, in collaboration with other GPO sales areas (PBMs, Inside Sales, etc.)
- Supports the creation, monitoring and review of Business Development activities around his/her solution- or industry- specialization area. Defines innovative approaches to generate business and executes either directly or via the team together with manager/expert. Supports implementation of core strategies and actions to ensure KPI achievement
- Assists in coaching partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data. Helps to ensure a high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be familiar with the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Supports the enablement of the partner to independently drive business with the following resources:
- Partner demand generation plan to build a business pipeline
- partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Business Managers, Inside Partner Business Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics.
- Helps to monitor the effective and appropriate use of SAP assets (i.e., Presales).
- Reporting on sales progress throughout the year, identification of deviations from plans agreed and actively engaging in measures to deliver goals agreed to.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Sales
- Knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as HR, Selection, Trainning, etc.
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution selling through Partners
- SME and HR Channel Experience
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Master equivalent: yes
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Job Segment: Sales Management, ERP, Business Development, SAP, Sales, Technology