EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Deep technical skills across the SAP portfolio of products, the ideal candidate will have a strong Basis background and be skilled across the range of SAP technologies and applications with special focus on HANA. The successful candidate will have experience with solution design, sizing and SAP landscape deployments with complex customer landscapes.
- Excellent pre-sales skills: The ability to confidently run customer facing presentations, plan, run & execute customer design sessions and workshops is a core part of the Cloud Architect role. The ideal candidate should have prior pre-sales experience and be able to demonstrate leadership and examples of running customer facing engagements as a trusted advisor.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience with core infrastructure related topics experience with SAP products in High Availability, Disaster recovery is essential, deeper experience of HANA business continuity technology is highly desired. Additionally experience with networking (Comms architectures / network connectivity models and IP management) would be beneficial to the successful candidate
- Exposure to pricing tools, building solution architecture bill of materials and being responsible for financial modelling.
- Experience of Application Management Services Experience defining, modelling and building support services for SAP landscapes. Exposure to helpdesk systems, ticket management and would be a desirable skill for the successful Cloud Architect,
- Enable the field and support roll out of new field training, conduct in class training for HEC offerings and contribute to e-learning content. Provide on demand access for HEC specific expertise, engage with customers on an ongoing basis.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very high proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required.
- Proven background in the technical SAP field Background in Basis is mandatory.
- Deeper experience in hosting / comms / support highly desirablel
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science required from an accredited university
- Must be proficient in understanding SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects
- Ability and willingness to travel on a global basis
- Proven track record of success in the selected solution/ LoB area. Customer facing experience
- Fluency in English is a MUST
- SAP product experience and/or 8-15 years prior a technical & consulting capacity.
- Professional experience with large, multi-national software/IT organizations and with a demonstrated technical expertise (Management, Pre-Sales, Sales, Consulting or Business Development roles)
- Experience with cloud provider, hosting provider or managed services providers is highly valued. Experience in HANA or Suite on HANA applications will be a great advantage