Date: Sep 1, 2016
Location: Madrid, MD, ES
Requisition ID: 120007
Work Area: Presales
Expected Travel: 0 - 60%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud (HEC) offering is a new comprehensive cloud infrastructure offering from SAP combined with managed services. This new offering allows customers to run their SAP HANA applications, including SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA and SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse powered by SAP HANA, in a managed cloud environment. It delivers the power of real-time in-memory technology with cloud simplicity. The Cloud Architecture and Advisory team within the HEC organisation is responsible for the design, architecture and quality of the solution architecture delivered within the HANA Enterprise Cloud and integration across portfolio of Cloud solutions. This role demands a broad range of skills including deep technical experience, excellent customer facing skills, pricing experience, consulting expertise and a deep attention to quality of work. This is a very diverse and visible and high performance role within one of the most strategic areas of SAPs Cloud business.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Deep technical skills across the SAP portfolio of products, the ideal candidate will have a strong Basis background and be skilled across the range of SAP technologies and applications with special focus on HANA. The successful candidate will have experience with solution design, sizing and SAP landscape deployments with complex customer landscapes.
- Excellent pre-sales skills: The ability to confidently run customer facing presentations, plan, run & execute customer design sessions and workshops is a core part of the Cloud Architect role. The ideal candidate should have prior pre-sales experience and be able to demonstrate leadership and examples of running customer facing engagements as a trusted advisor.
- Be able to demonstrate knowledge and experience with core infrastructure related topics experience with SAP products in High Availability, Disaster recovery is essential, deeper experience of HANA business continuity technology is highly desired. Additionally experience with networking (Comms architectures / network connectivity models and IP management) would be beneficial to the successful candidate
- Exposure to pricing tools, building solution architecture bill of materials and being responsible for financial modelling.
- Experience of Application Management Services Experience defining, modelling and building support services for SAP landscapes. Exposure to helpdesk systems, ticket management and would be a desirable skill for the successful Cloud Architect,
- Enable the field and support roll out of new field training, conduct in class training for HEC offerings and contribute to e-learning content. Provide on demand access for HEC specific expertise, engage with customers on an ongoing basis.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Very high proficiency in customer communications and presentations is required.
- Proven background in the technical SAP field Background in Basis is mandatory.
- Deeper experience in hosting / comms / support highly desirablel
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science required from an accredited university
- Must be proficient in understanding SAP HANA and SAP BusinessObjects
- Ability and willingness to travel on a global basis
- Proven track record of success in the selected solution/ LoB area. Customer facing experience
- Fluency in English is a MUST
- SAP product experience and/or 8-15 years prior a technical & consulting capacity.
- Professional experience with large, multi-national software/IT organizations and with a demonstrated technical expertise (Management, Pre-Sales, Sales, Consulting or Business Development roles)
- Experience with cloud provider, hosting provider or managed services providers is highly valued. Experience in HANA or Suite on HANA applications will be a great advantage
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Job Segment: Solution Architect, Architecture, Engineer, Cloud, ERP, Technology, Engineering