Date: Sep 12, 2016
Location: Barcelona, B, ES
Requisition ID: 76201
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
You can get a head start at SAP by joining our internship program. You can lay the foundation for a career in a highly professional environment that supports original thinking, rewards initiative and recognizes outstanding performance. The internship is paid and interns working at SAP enjoy many of the same perks as our regular staff, including complimentary coffee, tea, lunch, and use of the sports and social events and clubs. Best of all, you become part of a rich, stimulating environment in which you have daily access to technical experts, subject-matter experts, and business professionals. You will find the learning environment highly stimulating, where employees acquire knowledge and skills through instructor-led classes, e-learning courses.
The intern will support a team of 6 Inside Sales Executives increasing the lead and opportunity pipeline on specific solutions and closing incremental deals. You will gain exposure to international projects, while working with a team of some of the brightest minds in the industry.
This Internship position requires both strategic and detailed thinking and strong initiative. It is primarily phone-based but will require use of the production studio at times.
We ensure that our Interns complete their tenure with a variety of tools required to make them successful sales professionals. You provide the passion and direction, and well give you the support and opportunity you need to evolve your career.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Generate Volume Business Pipeline:
- Plan call strategy and action plan in alignment with the Inside Sales Team.
- Drive proactive outbound call activity into net new contacts (Lines of business)
Drive Volume Business Sales:
- Generate, manage and handover leads and opportunities by developing and driving effective calling and selling strategies that are based on valid, customer-specific value propositions.
- The Intern will be driving the whole sales cycle by himself, with the support of the account manager, for the incremental opportunities identified by him/her.
DESIRED PROFILE OF EDUCATION & SKILLS
- University Degree in Business or similar
- Native level of Spanish or Portuguese
- Proven ability to work to targets
- Natural charisma with passion to polish up interpersonal skills
- Impeccable active listening skills
- Technically savvy with a thirst for knowledge of the software industry
- Maturity with the ability to effectively manage your own time & priorities
- Understanding of business challenges facing a defined industry and line of business
- Proven teamwork skills with the ability to enable our Inside Sales Executives to be successful
- Creative with relentless desire to find solutions to problems
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to HR Direct (Americas: email@example.com, APJ: firstname.lastname@example.org, EMEA: email@example.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Additional Locations: No Selection
Job Segment: Entry Level Sales, ERP, Intern, SAP, Sales, Technology, Entry Level