Network Change Support Technician - IT:GIS:GO:AEQC:GDN:S-P00032 - ARG000RL
The Data Network Technician – Senior Associate in Network provides an advanced level of complex technical service support on major incidents in the global Information Technology (IT) Data Network. The role is responsible to monitor and support all assigned issues concerning data network connectivity that affect EY’s clients and to provide appropriate restoration of services within the standards of the Service level Agreement (SLA) between IT and EY business teams. The role is one of the highest points of escalation and level of response on complex Data Network situations where standard Level 1 or Level 2 IT procedures were unable to isolate or fix the issue and therefore requires cross team partnership or higher action. The role additionally supports network configuration changes and other wide reaching complex service requests that have been escalated and assigned to the team. The role maintains accurate information and data regarding issues resolution within the IT incident management tool, Service Now, and maintains compliance with EY’s policies and standards in all actions taken to resolve issues. The role is an individual contributor but collaborate with the team. The role is managed by the Network Team Lead in Global Converged Services Management.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Provides and self directs appropriate methodologies for complex restorative and maintenance actions inclusive of advanced troubleshooting and applied technical skills required to restore current services in IT Data Network. Identifies and captures best practices and restorative activities in Service Now to capture improvements in event resolution timeframes and client perception of services.
• Collaborates with Level 1 and 2 technical support and software systems engineering to solution network technical issues as needed to support wide area issues and complex incidents needing restoration.
• Performs root cause analysis and other process analytics utilizing the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to recognize appropriate aspects in the Incident, Problem, Change and Availability processes and guide opportunities for process improvements in time and efficiency.
• Acts the primary point of escalation for the overall stability and health of data networks. Uses experience and knowledge to guide discussions as well as to proactively recognize issues or trends that point to variances in expected targets in SLAs and other key metrics. Escalates or is the escalation point as needed and drives recommended change as identified. Identifies and reports on variances to management as discovered.
• Maintains all activities in accordance with EY’s compliance policies and IT Service processes to provide restorative actions within scope and aligned to operational readiness standards for data network performance.
• Participates or manages outage calls or discussions and other data network impacted situations by identifying and sharing best practices to restore data network services and to mitigate future reoccurrence in IT.
• Develops an understanding of EY’s business, the interconnectivity to IT operational readiness model and the forward strategy for improvements and strategic enhancements in the data network to maintain thought leadership in guiding conversations. Advises business leads and others in IT on procedures in appropriate collaborative activities or opportunities for harmonization in network services aligned to the remit of the role
• Shares best practices with team and peers in the implementation of best practices to promote continuous improvement within the team and cross unit consistencies between IT departments. Mentors and trains staff in aspects of network technology as a though leader in same.
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Advanced and well developed analytical skills to probe for understanding and to make sound decisions to address network connectivity or broader functionality issues that may affect a portion or entire business unit. The role additionally requires consultative questioning, influence management and critical thinking skills to understand a current technical issue and recommend viable solutions that will properly resume connectivity and prevent its reoccurrence effectively and within proper EY compliance guidelines. The role needs to drive the priority and time management of their own efforts and others (as applicable) to support/resolve assigned activities and communicate results and findings to affected individuals/business units and management as necessary.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
• Solid advanced technical skills related to infrastructure technologies including but not limited to Cisco Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area network (WAN) routers, Cisco switches, Wi-Fi, Cisco Nexus platform, Citrix load balancers, Domain Name System (DNS), Riverbed WAN Optimization, Switching and Routing.
• Possesses a solid working knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) to recognize appropriate aspects in the Incident, Problem, Change and Availability processes as it related to Data Network activities and workflows.
• Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of IT end - to- end processes and operating environment to support proper recognition of issues or to recognize and position improvement opportunities as a way to properly support the mandate of the role in technical support
• Manifests the highest communication skills to adapt communication style to the style of others, developing rapport and staying calm under pressure and to build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of a matrixed, geographically dispersed organization using advanced oral and written English communication skills.
• Manifests a strong analytical and problem solving ability to escalate and negotiate complex and conflicting issues in IT technical investigations, handle multiple and shifting priorities in a timely fashion across a broad spectrum of operating environments and to drive solutions that are both financially sound and operationally feasible.
• Advanced knowledge of the Service Now system or similar ticketing tools to record incidents and remediation as well as guide others (as needed) in features and functions.
• Strictly adhere to Change, Incident and problem management process.
The role may generally be supervised remotely and potentially across time zones, using telephone, email and instant messaging and may additionally require after-hours activities such as global group meetings and weekend on call rotation. The role requires the advanced discipline of self-direction and autonomy as needed in a remote working or work from home arrangement. The role may also require the periodic allocation of additional time on the job to ensure multiple demands and escalating issues are managed in a timely manner to restore services.
Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent work experience
Approximately 4 to 7 years of experience in network technology support
CCNA (mandatory), CCNP or CCIE Desired.