Production Support Specialist - SD-EAM-0023 - ARG000R9
Post holder performs operational and Tier 3 level support for production applications in a range of business portfolios. Responsibilities involve the daily management of incidents, operational maintenance and support, development support, and proactive/preventative analysis of systems.
Post holder will demonstrate knowledge of key business processes, products and services, within agreed areas of expertise.
Essential function of the Job
The scope of this role includes but is not limited to:
Re-creation, analysis, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of incidents relating to off-the-shelf and proprietary applications and/or platforms.
Determination of root cause of incidents (configuration vs defect)
Liaison with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve incidents
Installation of applications in supported environments.
Deployment of application upgrades and fixes
Responding to automated alerts on the health of systems
Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of applications
Performing routine audits of systems for the purpose of preventative maintenance of applications and reporting on their status
Adhere to EY and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem and Change Management.
Effective call management including logging, monitoring/updating, prioritizing and resolving calls in a timely fashion.
Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
- Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
- Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
- Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client.
Technical & Soft Skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 server O/S
- Demonstrable Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of web platforms such as IIS, WebSphere, etc.
- Intermediate .NET programming and/or scripting experience
- General understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
- Ability to read and understand code (Code-competency) for diagnosis, escalation to tier 4 teams
- Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
- Knowledge of Stored Procedures, SSIS and Data Transformation Services
- Understanding of n-Tier application architecture concepts
- General knowledge of SQL2005 and In-depth knowledge of SQL2008/2012
- Familiarity with SQL DBMS interface and integrated tools
- Creation of queries, running pre-defined scripts, configuration, security, and interpreting logs and traces
- Demonstrable knowledge and familiarity with T-SQL or PL/SQL
- General understanding of various IT security concepts as they relate to production environments
- Experience of Active Directory/LDAP
- Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon
- Experience supporting applications in shared or virtual environments
- Conceptual understanding of networking hardware (switches, routers, etc.)
- Remedial knowledge of Active Directory Accounts
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- Further or Higher education standard qualification.
- Fluent in English language, written and verbal
- Other key languages as required
- 3+ years in Application Management, Operational Support environment/discipline
- Approximately 2-4 years of experience in technology support with working knowledge of a functional specialty
- Approximately 1-2 years of experience in a corporation environment