Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
As a member of the product development division, you will specify, design and implement major changes to existing software architecture. Define project needs. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to ensure consistency, testability and portability across products in general.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 or more years of software engineering or related experience.
Sanctions Screening / KYC Product Manager
UK – Ireland – France – Germany – NL – Belgium – Switzerland – Spain or Italy
Professional Area: Product Development
Amount Of Travel: 10%-25%
Job Title: Product Manager
Organization Name: Oracle FSGBU, Oracle Financial Services Analytical Applications
Are you a professional in financial compliance? Do you have an interest in financial services technology? Do you enjoy working in a high-performance team to solve tough technical and analytical challenges? Our team is building state of the art analytics software to help financial services companies measure and manage their businesses. We want to transform how the industry does business, leveraging the newest technologies and the brightest minds. Join us and help realize this vision.
The Oracle Financial Services Global Business Unit is responsible for the development and marketing of industry specific profitability, risk management, fraud and regulatory compliance analytics solutions. As a key member of this team, you will help design, build and deliver the next generation of these vital business solutions for the Financial Services industry!
Brief Posting Description
As the product manager for the Financial Crime and Compliance Management, you will be part of a team of product managers that direct the development of Oracle’s Financial Services Anti Money Laundering, Trading and Broker Compliance, Fraud and Enterprise Case Management products. We are looking for a senior leader with functional and technical expertise in Financial Services Industry to direct a team of OFSAA developers in development AML Products focusing on Sanctions Screening and Know Your Customer products.
This role requires broad knowledge of compliance especially on sanctions screening and customer on boarding. A strong understanding in banking, capital markets or insurance compliance is required. Prior experience in leading the product development or product architecture of compliance solutions is also highly desirable. The role requires you to translate your knowledge of the sanctions, know your customer and other complianceuse cases into product requirements that drive the direction of our solution. Understanding in Big data technology or FATCA compliance will be a huge value added.
The person in this role will be responsible for defining market requirements and coordinating with other application product managers, sales, marketing, and functional engineers to successfully deliver the product to market. At the core, this person will be responsible for successfully developing the Know your customer and sanctions application of the current infrastructure that supports the analytics needs of global Financial Services companies.
As a member of the Financial Services Global Business Unit division, you will define product marketing strategy, messaging, and market research. You will gather and analyze information to understand the marketplace, our customers and then define go-to-market product requirements and packaging accordingly. You will communicate product strategy and functionality, initiate and foster relationships with other groups and review product documentation and collateral. Finally, you will ensure successful product launches based on corporate priorities.
The duties and tasks of the position are varied and complex requiring independent judgment. The job is largely self-directing in that you are expected to understand the competitive vendor landscape, keep yourself abreast of new developments in this subject area and proactively identify new product features for development. You must fully understand the challenges involved in building out the big data platform direction for the product. You must have had prior work experience as a compliance professional or related function in the financial industry or in a consulting firm as an industry consultant. You are leading the development of one or more products and so prior experience in directing virtual teams to successful implementation of products or projects is highly desirable.
A BS or MS degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Given this job description, we're looking for a person with the following qualifications:
- Communication – excellent written and verbal skills are required for:
o Defining the right messaging to sales, marketing and customers
o Communicating your ideas and product requirements to the development leads and the rest of the team
- A Strong global team player. Should be organized and transparent in your work and regularly communicate with team management located in different parts of the globe.
- You will need to participate in customer advisory boards and strategic customer meetings in order understand customer requirements and to communicate product features and roadmaps.
- You need to have an understanding of the competitive offerings in the Compliance space as well as the business model for these products. You should be able to articulate the marketing strategy, market positioning, and delivery process of the major products and niche players and articulate a clear strategy for how Oracle can optimize revenues.
- Enthusiasm is critical. It's important for you to demonstrate passion for your work and the motivation to solve hard problems.
- A strong track record of achievement is critical. Whatever it is that you have done in the past, you should have demonstrated success.
- You need to be highly detailed oriented and you need to love taking complex ideas and making them simple. Our customers expect extremely high quality products. We don’t believe that you can deliver great products without individuals who are passionate about getting each detail right.
- We're looking for at least six to eight years of experience in either a Product Management or related role within a large financial services company or as industry consultant with a leading consultancy.