Senior .NET Developer-SD-Tax-Dev-0017 - BUE0012B
The Tax IT Service Delivery team is responsible for the end-to-end delivery of programs/projects to develop and maintain global applications and systems.
The team is geographically dispersed and comprises of all disciplines required to deliver IT solutions for our customers, including project managers, business analysts, application engineers, quality assurance & testers and implementation managers. In addition the function works closely with the Technical Lead on the project.
In accordance with EY Solution delivery standards, Markets IT Service Delivery team makes use of the latest releases of technology from Microsoft amongst others. They are responsible for the delivery of programs that offer a chance to work on web applications that span the spectrum of devices from desktop to tablets to smart phones.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Develop and deliver technical systems.
- Understand and implement EY SADS (Security Application Development Standards).
- Maintain adherence to architectural standards/principles, global product-specific guidelines, usability design standards, etc.
- Participate in the development and review of documents to comply with SDLC methodologies [e.g. Engineering Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), estimation, Solution Design Document (SDD) and Software Architecture Documents (SAD)].
- Provide support and documentation to assist in sustaining the project during the transition to production where necessary.
- Adhere to Application Engineering methodologies, standards, code reviews.
- Provide feedback regarding application engineering methodologies, standards and leading practices when appropriate.
- Identify potential points of contention for missed activities and notify project leadership of situation and remediation plan.
- Minimize technical exposure and risk on projects.
- Technical deliverables (i.e., code and documentation) on projects assigned.
- Translate detailed Requirements and Design and Solution Architecture deliverables into detailed design specifications.
- Maintain effective and consistent communication within the team, with peers, the leadership team and the peers in other IT groups.
- Proactively raise issues to Technical and Group Leads when necessary.
- Produce high quality application engineering deliverables in accordance with the project timeline.
- Build and unit test a project to detailed design specifications. .
- Prepare documentation for operations.
- Solid interpersonal communication and team skills required to operate as a contributing member of global technical teams that deliver quality services.
- Strong technical skills designing, developing, debugging, documenting, and implementing applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience in all IT methodologies and life cycles that will be used.
- Possesses an understanding of IT Services: service offerings, technical standards and policies, technical and business strategies as well as organizational structure.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on service offerings and products provided by IT.
- Good level of communication skill in English is mandatory.
- At least 5 years of relevant hands on work experience building, integrating and delivering enterprise-wide web and windows applications using Microsoft and other technologies for large organizations on complex projects.
- 5+ years of ASP.Net MVC, ASP.Net Web Forms and Win Forms experience
- 4-5 years of experience of working with applications that have a SQL Server backend (SQL Server 2008R2 and newer).
- 2-3 years of experience with Team Foundation Server.
- 1+ years of experience with Object-Relational Mappers such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Ideally experience working with SSRS, SSIS
- Experience with HTML 5, JSON, Web Services, WCF, WPF, VBA and SharePoint would be a plus
- Experience of developing on Mobile platforms is a nice to have
- Knowledge of Message Bus architecture e.g. MSMQ and Computer architecture including multi-threading would be ideal
- Knowledge and experience with working on N-Tier'd applications.
- In-depth knowledge of object oriented analysis and design (OOAD) principles, and familiarity with many design patterns for Software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
- Demonstrated expertise in application design and construction, work breakdown structure of items, design and code reviews, unit test and build activities, deployment and performance related activities, documentation, support and training/mentoring.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work within diverse, global, virtual teams.
- Proven ability to thrive under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or equivalent work experience.