Senior SharePoint Administrator - IT:GIS:GHS:APS:WS:IISAM-P00020 - BUE0011Q
The Sr. SharePoint Admin. has responsibilities within a team of Level 3 SharePoint Operations and engineering staff that engineer and support mission critical SharePoint Applications across a range of business portfolios. This individual will support the end-to-end aspects of services under their remit including but not limited to service engineering, L3 break/fix support and definition of standards. Other responsibilities include ensuring stability for application platforms and/or services under their responsibility including resolution of incidents and problems, maintenance and support, application platform change control, and automation of processes and procedures. This individual will work closely with other teams within EY to drive technology standards and consistency across IT Services.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Participate in the co-design of business line applications to enable optimum performance within service infrastructure
• Execution of process engineering and operational improvement initiatives including automation tooling
• Input into service life cycle and service levels including development of service technology roadmaps.
• Provide input into product selection and standards, design, and certification
• Resolve and act as escalation and coordination point for L3 and L4 incidents and problems related to affected services
• Root cause analysis and service improvement solutions
• Execution of application and/or platform changes, releases, and service requests in supported environments.
• Execution of application environment tasks as required for incident resolution
• Liaise with appropriate teams for the development of corrective actions or viable workarounds to resolve major incidents.
• Respond to automated alerts on the health of systems.
• Executing scheduled or unscheduled tasks relating to operational maintenance and monitoring of application environments.
• Performing audits and analysis of application environments for the purpose of ensuring proper configuration management and consistency.
• Identifying dependencies and pre-requisites for the solution and validation of non-functional attributes of the application environment design.
• Integrating new infrastructure services based on designs, and participating in automation, consolidation, and centralization projects.
• Adhere to E&Y and ITIL guidelines for Incident, Problem, and Change Management
• Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.
Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and use accordingly.
• Ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team structure, but also independently
• Ability to work with 3rd party vendors (i.e. Microsoft) for escalation of issues
• Demonstrates analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
• Communicates fluently orally and in writing and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Is able to plan, schedule and monitor work activities in order to meet time and quality targets.
• Is able to absorb rapidly new technical information, business acumen, and apply it effectively.
• Good appreciation of wider field of information systems, its use in relevant employment areas and how it relates to the business activities of the employer or client
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint 2013/2010 in an enterprise environment
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft IIS 7/8
• Understanding of relational databases i.e MSSQL within the context of SharePoint
• Demonstrable intermediate to advanced knowledge of Windows 2008/2012 server O/S and Active Directory
• Understanding of SharePoint Search / FAST Search
• Experience administering and supporting Sharepoint 2013 Request Management Server.
• In depth understanding of networking/LAN/WAN/DMZ concepts
• Understanding of n-Tier application environments in complex or enterprise level environments
• Knowledge of troubleshooting tools and techniques related to networks and systems i.e. remote access tools, Windows Support tools, connectivity tests, etc.
• Leadership skills
• Experience implementing and supporting SharePoint in mixed on-prem and cloud environments (O365)
• Experience with MS PowerShell scripting a plus
• Knowledge of SharePoint 3rd party tools to enhance functionality
• Understanding of various application, authentication (Kerberos) i.e. SSL, SOAP, LDAP, etc.
• Experience integrating internal and public/ internet facing applications
• Experience monitoring server capacity and processes to ensure maximum availability
• Familiarity with scheduled jobs and job monitoring tools such as Control-M
• Experience supporting applications, platforms, and/or services in clustered, federated, shared and/or virtual environments
• Conceptual understanding of peripheral hardware such as load balancers, WAN optimizers, etc.
• Experience with performance monitoring tools and analysis i.e. MS PerfMon