The Amazon Business team is seeking Software Development Engineers who want to disrupt the way businesses purchase their supplies.
Our team is focused on building solutions for Prime loyalty programs to our business customers. Our customers include individual professionals, businesses, and institutions that buy in any forms: from high frequency, bulk quantities, to a single item for an urgent need. You will help redefine excellence for this segment of the market. Our team applies Kanban.
You will work on Java projects using Spring, JSP, AWS services, and other latest technologies. You will use design patterns and object-oriented designs. You will work with UX experts. You will improve our team processes continuously.
You will help translate business requirements to technical deliverables and deliver operationally stable solution that provide good customer experience.
Candidates need to have strong ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills. Experience with building web-based applications and/or web services-based applications will be very applicable and helpful.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
- 6+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
- Experience developing software in Linux or UNIX, and using web applications and frameworks, and scripting languages
- Good communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Never ending thirst for making our development environments better
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience with zombies
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience working in an Agile, Kanban, or Scrum environment
- You must be obsessed with addressing customer needs
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.